Multi-Pitch climbing is a great way to experience Smith Rock from a different perspective
Go beyond the single pitch and take it higher!
There are many spectacular beginner to advanced level sport and trad multi-pitch climbing opportunities at Smith Rock to choose from.
-Multi-Pitch guided trips are Full Day and limited to 2 climbers and 1 guide-
Personalized multi pitch climbing tours tailored to your personal goals.
Our seasoned, Smith Rock climbing guides can share a memorable first time multi-pitch climbing experience or more focused multi pitch skills instruction for the experienced leader who wants to learn or hone the skills and techniques for more efficient, confident independent climbing beyond the single pitch.
Due to the nature to multi-pitch climbing we maintain the standard maximum of two climbers to one guide for multi pitch climbing. As well as wanting to help you maximize your climbing day, limiting a climbing party to no more than three is what is considered best practice for efficiency, safety standards and climber etiquette.
Multi-pitch rock climbing
Multi-pitch is the ascent of a climbing route that requires more than one pitch or belay station. Typically finishing on a ridge top or summit. Descent from the summit or top of the route may involve rappelling back to the ground or a walk off.
If you still have questions about your climbing day at Smith Rock or any of our climbing programs please do not hesitate to contact us
Multi-Pitch guided climbs are
Full Day and limited to 2 climbers to 1 guide
1 person $350 a day
2 people $200 per person
All necessary climbing gear is included. We will provide climbing shoes, harness and helmet at no additional charge. Let us know your gear needs upon reservation. You are welcome to bring your personal climbing gear if you prefer.
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
We do not have set start times. With the half day you choose your 4 hour window. For the full day you decide on a start time with a full day of climbing in mind. Our days start as early as 7:00 am and we can climb until sunset.
You will meet your guide at Smith Rock State Park. You will receive a tour confirmation email and guide check in call the evening prior to confirm the exact meeting location details.
Your guide will contact you by cell phone the evening prior to your climbing date to go over details; confirm meet up location and time, review your climbing goals, get gear needs or any information specific to your trip.
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- A backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- Extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.
Smith Rock State Park Entrance Fee a $5.00 parking pass is required and can be bought at one of the credit card self pay kiosks. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards. An annual Oregon State Park pass works as well.
I would definitely hire him again