Group Climbing Tours
Group climbing tours and classes for reunions, school groups, youth camps, sports teams, scout troops, corporate team building and more
Share a fun memorable rock climbing day that incorporates your groups goals
- We can design one to three day outings or a progression of outings/activities over time.
- Seasoned Smith Rock guides and instructors experienced in working with all ages and a broad base of programing goals, experiential learning and therapeutic models.
- Customize itineraries to suit your needs and goals, maintain a safe, supportive environment for learning.
- We maintain a low client to guide ratio to ensure attention and quality; 5 climbers / 1 guide
There are some experiences and lessons that just can’t be gained in the classroom or workplace. Rock climbing can be a great teaching tool for personal growth, as well as a fun activity to foster positive self-confidence, trust, teamwork, expanding comfort zones, practice challenge by choice and general physical health.
Scouts BSA and GSA Troops
Let Chockstone Climbing Guides assist your troop in gaining outdoor rock climbing skills, build confidence and have fun on the rocks. Our guides have worked with BSA troops from all over the northwest since 1999. We can give the opportunity to learn, practice and test the skills necessary to fulfill the criteria of the Climbing Merit Badge. For those that have mastered the basic skills, we can offer more advanced climbing skills curriculum, guided trips, and challenging climbing routes.
Professional Development and Team Building
Share a memorable, fun, bonding experience that you can bring back to the workplace. Rock climbing can be a great activity to stimulate individual challenge and is a great way to analyze and shape how we work together as a team or group. Getting out of the everyday work environment can be an insightful tool, offering a new perspective on problem solving and relationships. We can tailor your climbing day and facilitate activities that support your companies’ goals and needs.
If you still have questions about your climbing day at Smith Rock or any of our climbing programs please do not hesitate to contact us
All necessary climbing gear is included. We will provide climbing shoes, harness and helmet at no additional charge. Let us know your gear needs upon reservation. You are welcome to bring your personal climbing gear if you prefer.
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
We do not have set start times. With the half day you choose your 4 hour window. For the full day you decide on a start time with a full day of climbing in mind. Our days start as early as 7:00 am and we can climb until sunset.
You will meet your guide at Smith Rock State Park. You will receive a tour confirmation email and guide check in call the evening prior to confirm the exact meeting location details.
Your guide will contact you by cell phone the evening prior to your climbing date to go over details; confirm meet up location and time, review your climbing goals, get gear needs or any information specific to your trip.
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- A backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- Extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.
Smith Rock State Park Entrance Fee a $5.00 parking pass is required and can be bought at one of the credit card self pay kiosks. The kiosk accepts cash and credit cards. An annual Oregon State Park pass works as well.
Such a fabulous experience
An AMAZING experience with Chockstone! Wish I could give them 50 stars!